Re: Projectleader meeting Erkelenz

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:58:09PM +0100, Kurt Gramlich wrote:

> Knut, Thierry and I had a talk in Erkelenz and we agreed:
>
> 1 try to get EU Funding
>   coordination french team

Sounds great, but do you have more details?

> 2 to call all developers to join the
>   skolelinux devcamp in france
>   coordination french team

Can you please elaborate this? It seems like this is just notes that
is almost only understandable for you guys joined this "meeting".

> 3 to use skolelinux.org only as showcase
>   means only 10 or 20 static and well designed webpages to inform
>   about the project, aimed for teachers, pupils, admins,
>   goverment or local deciders.

This is an ongoing thread on this mailinglist, so I believe you should
just join that discussion instead of starting a new one here.

> 4 to start with 3 moinmoin wikis for the activ work process
>   wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ english
>   skolelinux.de/wiki/  german
>   wiki.skolelinux.fr french
>   and with this use
>   the subpage functionality /
>   the interlink functionality
>   (same page in different languages on different servers, only
>   one click away)
>   and the subscribe functionality to update the information
>   (people subscribe pages and take reponsability to keep it up to
>   date)

I believe that we should use only http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu for
all technical documentation because the technical solution should be,
at least in my eyes, the same for all countries and as much as
possible a part of Debian. The local wiki's (.de, .fr, .no, ..) should
be used for political and local stuff.

> 5 to internationalize the new member process
>   starting with update of the german page, translation into
>   english an french and coordinate it internationaly
>   coordination german team

I'm kind of miss the main goal about this new member process. Is it an
offer for new developers wanting to help out, or do you want _every_
new developer joining us to go through this process?

> 6 to be present in the regulary IRC meetings
>   every two week mondays international meeting at #debian-edu
>   GMT 19:00
>   every wednesday 22:00 MEZ german speaking activists
>   #skolelinux.de

Everyone interested in the technical part should try to join these
meetings on #debian-edu. :)

- Werner