Re: .org proposal 2nd

> Do we have and need a new member process? I did a search on google and
> found a page about it in the German wiki [1]. What is the intention
> with this, is it for the German or international community?
it was planned for the international community, but at the moment it is
only in germany in use.The intention is to show new members who skolelinux works. How the new
people can work on it etc.I think it is not meant to be a long and complicated process, it should
show the new members only the basics of debian-edu.

> I can agree that we probably should offer an optional new member
> process for persons that wants to go through such a process. We have
> great examples of contributors that do great work for us without going
> through such a process. In my opinion we don't have enough manpower now
> to afford forcing contributors through such a process and risk losing
> them because such process.
Why should we loose them? This new member process should be quite short,
and i think everybody who wants to join us, wants to know first how he can
help us. :) And exactly this should be the intention of the new member
process.
mfg
Patrick