Re: backport for ooo2

Søndag 27. november 2005 06:31, skrev Gjermund Skogstad:
> My experience with OpenOffice2 is that it's solid.
> (Actually, my Kmail is more liable to crash than OpenOffice2)

OpenOffice2 crashes when handlng footnotes, making drawings, and
correcting graphs from e.g Calc to Impress, or from Calc to Writer.
Impress is crashing more than all Calc and Writer all together. And
drawings the second most. My experience is from many presentations[1]
and documents with 40-60 pages[2]. The same documents did not cause any
problems when using OpenOffice1.1.

I believe that many of this small, but crash proune bugs will get ironed
out in the 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 versions. That said I use OpenOffice.org
2.0.0 on daily basis because of my part in translating this program.

When it comes to which version to put on the CD, OpenOffice.org 1.1.5
could be nice. ubuntu has this option. It has OpenDocument import. But
I don't know of any sarge version of 1.1.5. We currently uses 1.1.3-x
in Skolelinux.

1. http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/
2. http://developer.skolelinux.no/ressurssparing.html

- k