Re: No write access $HOME directory (/)

RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 25 August 2005 00:36 schrieb Janko Harej:
>
>>Problem: if I log in with new user name and password on workstation
>>profile on server (first computer) - it seems ok, if I log in on
>>second computer I get errors in four different dialog windows:
>>
>>1. //.DCOPserver_dhcp155.intern_0 Please check that dcopserver
>>program is runing
>>
>>2. Configuration file //.kde/share/config/ksplashrc not writeable
>>
>>3. No write access $HOME directory (/)
>

> This problems are connected. Sarge version does no automount of NFS
> exports from ldap AFAIR. Did you apply the changes according to
> Finn-Arne's instructions? Please do as follows on your client:

pr05 uses the automount that's exported from ldap

The reason for "no write access $home", is either:
missing netgroup membership - could be fixed by first setting a fixed
address at
 https://timeskole:10000/dhcpd/
and then adding the workstation to a netgroup at
 https://tjener.intern:10000/ldap-netgroups

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/