Re: No write access $HOME directory (/)

On 8/25/05, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Janko Harej]
> > I've done all this at the begining but still got the mentioned
> > error.  Should I do anything else. Is there some obvious thing that
> > I haven't done?
>
> I have not experienced this problem myself, so here are some random notes.
>
>  - anything relevant in /var/log/syslog on tjener or the workstation?
When connecting from workstation I get on tjeners /var/log/syslog:
Can't update authorization file in home dir /skole/tjener/home0/jankoh
Cannot chdir to jankoh's home /skole/tjener/home0/jankoh: No such file
or directory, using /

But directory is there and I can chdir in it. And I can login as
normal user (jankoh) localy on tjener.

>  - will 'netgroup workstations' list the host?
no, but netgroup workstation-hosts on tjener and workstation lists
dhcp15x.intern

>  - will 'showmount -e tjener' list the netgroup?
yes on workstation I get:
/skole/tjener/home0 @server-hosts,@workstation-hosts,@ltsp-server-hosts

>  - does it help to reload or restart the NFS server on tjener?
/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart gives next error:
Stopping NFS kernel daemon: mountd/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server: line
74: start-stop-daemon:command not found

/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart displays:
Stopping NFS common utilities: statd/etc/init.d/nfs-common: line 77:
start-stop-daemon: command not found

I get no error's about NFS when rebooting tjener

Thank's for helping me
Janko Harej
TSC Nova Gorica