Re: Time to release a new version of autopartkit?

Am Mittwoch, 8. Juni 2005 18:44 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> [Ralf Gesellensetter]
>
> > How about the lv-size calculation? It was improved a lot - but
> > still is quite tight. For huge discs (>80 GB) there should be some
> > more space reserved than it is now (I remember some complaining
> > mails).

hi

> What bug # is this?  I didn't see anything about it in BTS.  I do not
> know what you are talking about, so I will need more context.

Okay, it is maybe not fair to make a unproven statement  -- but it is
quite a while ago I used autopartkit. With sarge I usually go for
manual partitioning (and I appreciate to be able to do so).

This note concerns a woody installation:
http://skolelinux.de/pipermail/user/2004-September/001914.html

For Sarge, I could not find any postings on the German list. I am quite
aware that there are many improvements with the parition layout. The
only thing one could argue is how much to use for home0 if there is a
160 GB platter. Some would complain if you assign only 40 GB, others
would love to have the space for backup partitions. I don't know if any
interactivity (solving this ambiguity) would be
- easy to render
- desirable (as this would be no automation any more). Instead of

"Do you really want to partition you hard disc and lose all data"

I could imagine a dialogue:

"Your hard disc will be partitioned as shown below. All will be lost!"
	[Layout]
[CANCEL]			[EDIT LAYOUT]			[COMMIT]"

What do you think?

Regards