Re: PreRelease 02 of Sarge-based Debian-edu

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I dare respond to this private email on the list.

Sorry  - but I'm sure it will happen again :)

>>>nope - They lack the preseeding stuff, which is neee by automatic
>>>installation
>>>The version that is on the CD is 0.6.2c
>
> Do you have an easy to read list of all parts of this "Sarge-based"
> PreRelease that is not sarge-based?

Nope, but you're welcome to build one - I guess the tools are all there.

The apt-sources used is
 http://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian sarge main contrib non-free
 http://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux sarge local

> And is this a "Finn-Arne, member of the Skolelinux development team"
> prerelease or an official Skolelinux prerelease?

Good question - what makes a CD official in a volunteer project ?
No - I'm not beeing paid to do this.

But this is the autobuilt image, created automaticly whenever something
is changed, I have just taken one build - tested it somewhat and said
that this kind of works.

> I *do* appreciate your hard work on this, Finn-Arne. I just want to
> avoid misunderstandings.

Well, seem like you're the only one (besides me) that asks this
questions. Maybe you/we should stop asking them ?

> Kind regards,

Well , it seldoms feels that way

Maybe, if you spend a bit more time maintaining your packages (lessdisks
is one of them), and a bit less time playing postmaster on lists were
you are not such, maybe we could use the official debian packages. but
hey - I guess it's to late to get lessdisks 0.6.something into sarge
now, lets hope you wake up for etch

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/