Mindmapping Software: VYM

Hi there,

many of you will know the Debian package "freemind" which is java based
and hence platform independent. Only recently I discovered a really
nice alternative: vym ("view your mind"). As it comes with pictures and
runs as binary, it is more attractive to younger kids and runs faster.

As it uses qt3, it needs some workover to run with Debian Woody, I fear.

Also I didn't find any localisations yet.

A good impression on how to brainstorm an entire web page gives:

http://www.insilmaril.de/vym/

In class 5, we use a commercial mindmanager software (free as beer for
schools - but windows only) to train metalearning methods. I would love
to migrate that lection, too :)

Regards
Ralf