Re: preconfiguration on the user side and its maintenance

Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 19:20 schrieb C. Gatzemeier:
> I guess a central location is easier to maintain and update than
> copying templates. So maybe both where possible? Use /etc/skell to
> distribute symlinks to a central enhanced template under /etc ?

I tried this with some readme file. It turned out (of course), that it
is not trivial to links such file:

you can access .../home0/$USER on tjener, but the local /etc is not seen
from thin clients (or workstations). Putting a copy of the target onto
the ltsp server [and all workstations] is a solution, but you have to
create the link from tjener as you cannot access .../home0 as local
user on ltsp server.

I suppose the most forward way was to create some "default" user
directory in .../home0 itself as this is the only way to have a path
that can be reached by ordinary users from every machine.

Regards
Ralf