Re: dep-trace v. tsort (dpkg, source, bsd, reason)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell wrote:
> Debian [easily] installs 850 pkgs at a time: each having
> dependencies.  Dependencies are resolved to to build the list: BUT
> the order to install / configure is un-ordered.

There is an order for the configuration since we ensure that dependencies
are satisfied during the postinst configure (except loops). If it fails
despite this, then it's a bug in the dependencies (or something entirely
unrelated).

So I fail to see your point really.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer