Re: Multi-arch branches

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 12:36:22 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> me too! I've been running this code on several machines for a while, and
> it works just fine.

That it seems to work does not mean it's fine, I just fixed some days
ago bogus arguments passed to maintainer scripts, for example.

> Since apparently the only remaining blocker for an upload to the archive
> seems to be time, I prepared a “Team upload” targeted at experimental,
> using the 1.16.2~multiarch version.

Err, “Team upload”... and uploading (which is a trivial step) is not
the issue here.

> For that, I needed to fix a make distcheck failure, so you can find both
> the patch to fix it, and the patch to finalize this release at:
>   http://people.debian.org/~kibi/dpkg

Thanks, I had pushed your build patch to hadrons' master branch. I
see Raphaël has queued it too, although the changelog entry is not
appropriate in this case.

> I picked 1.16.2_multiarch as tag name, which seems to match current
> practice.

The code assumes 1.16.2 is the one with multiarch support, earlier
versions will not trigger some stuff.

> I plan to upload it no later than Friday, and even earlier if I get some
> enthusiastic ACKS. :)

Well, NACK then.

guillem