Re: Bug #583585 dpkg-maintscript-helper

Hi,

And thanks for the feedback, it's really useful. I'm working on it. In
the meanwhile, I have a question:

On 2011/12/29 10:26AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
[...]
>On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Gianluca Ciccarelli wrote:
>> I thought it was a good idea to share with you the patch for the
>> first
>> case for feedback, before going on.
>
>Good idea, what would be even better is to write immediately a
>(non-regression) test-case to ensure that the code you wrote work as
>expected and keeps doing it in the future.

I'm trying to prepare the test case for my modifications to
dpkg-maintscript-helper, but if I invoke the script with its name in the
test's maintainer scripts, of course it invokes my system's version,
which doesn't integrate the changes, and so the operation I want to test
is not supported (that is, dpkg-maintscript-helper supports <my-op>
returns with error).

I thought to make a local "hack" by invoking the modified script in the
source code. Is there a smarter way to do it?

Best,

--
Gianluca Ciccarelli
http://disi.unitn.it/~ciccarelli