Re: [RFC] Trigger directives that do not put packages in triggers-awaited

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2011, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > What do you think?
>
> Not all trigger are convenience triggers and switching the default to
> not wait would break those. So I think that is not an option in the
> short run.

The new dpkg could break the packages that have to be upgraded to continue
to use the same semantic for the triggers, there's probably only a couple
of them (maybe libc6/ldconfig, update-initramfs?, what else?).

On the other hand, the upgrade would be somewhat awkward.  The new
updated package would have to pre-depend on the new dpkg and given the
breaks it means to always follow this:
- deconfigure the broken packages
- upgrade & configure dpkg
- upgrade the broken packages