Streaming Package Installation for dpkg/APT

Hi,

I would like to know about the streaming package installation for
dpkg/APT. I read about this from last year's summer of code ideas list
of Debian [1], and found it interesting. I also found that it had not
been taken by any of the applicants, and, therefore, I would like to
work on it this summer.

Is there any ongoing development related to that idea? There is a
description given in [1] and apart from that, are there any concerns
of it? I would like to know your ideas and suggestions about it, to
proceed. Please let me know if you have something to share with me,
I'm looking forward to your feedback.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/StreamingPackageInstall

Thank you.
--