Re: Plans for dpkg 1.15.4 (install-info integration)

[ CCing you, as I don't know if you are subscribed. ]

Hi Bastian!

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 09:42:35 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Currently there are packages showing up that include this as dependency:
> | dpkg (>= 1.15.4) | install-info
>
> cdebootstrap, which uses a rather primitive dependency resolver, can't
> cope with that and will always assume that dpkg will fullfill that.
>
> Thats why I want to know what the plans for an upload of dpkg 1.15.4 are
> or if I need to workaround the problem.

We'll be targetting a release for 2009-09-03 [0], if the release-team
does not ask us otherwise. Not sure if that's soon enough for you
though.

regards,
guillem

[0] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2009/08/msg00050.html>