Re: git bikeshedding (Re: triggers in dpkg, and dpkg maintenance)

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > What's the difference, really? Isn't it a case of people on all sides
> > trying to control each other instead of cooperating?
>
> What would you like me to do ?

Either do the supplementary work or wait patiently with some _friendly_
nagging from time to time.

> I'm not trying to control Raphael at all.  I just want his permission
> to go ahead and deploy this important work.

I've been added to dpkg's Uploader a few weeks ago, I'm not dpkg's main
coordinator. I have no veto power, I was mainly trying to give my view
of the situation (the alternative would have been to skip the thread
and nobody from the dpkg team would have responded here because right from
the beginning it was to be expected that the discussion was not going
to be pleasant/productive).

I gave you my advice on the best way to help Guillem review and merge your
work, that's all.

Guillem was ill recently, hopefully he'll catch up soon and will be able
to work on the merge of the triggers branch.

Raphaël Hertzog