Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends

On 23/02/2008, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Sat Feb 23 12:02, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
>  > So, I want to build against the reference lapack and blas, and then,
>  > if the user chooses, then I want the alternatives system to enable the
>  > use of atlas. Now, the new dpkg-source reordering installs atlas as
>  > well during build, which causes the "smart" build systems of these
>  > packages to detedct and link against it, which is NOT what I want.
>
>  Which is something you should probably do anyway to satisfy the 'builds
>  the same in a dirty build environment' goal. Although I do agree that
>  fetching extra build-deps is bad.

Sorry, but this particular case is one where the user might want to
deliberately choose this way to achieve the desired goal. So, this
_is_ a case where the user may benefit out of the package building
differently when in a different environment.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
458, Jamuna Hostel,