Re: dpkg-buildpackage now reorganizing debian/control Depends field??

On Fri February 22 2008 11:50:37 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > As I said, it's a know issue and we need to fix it however it would be
> > nice to not get the problem worse changing the package dependencies
> > ordering at build time, at least for now.
>
> I won't revert anything unless you come up with some proof that this
> causes severe issues that will disturb the lenny release process.

Raphael,

What please is the benefit of unnecessarily reordering dependencies
and leaving everyone on tenterhooks as to whether it will change
installation outcomes?  (If this has already been explained I apologize
for overlooking it.)

Also, since you have all the data, could you please verify that you
have proven that at least for the current Lenny package dependencies
(which are of course subject to change) that the unnecessary reordering
has no side-effects?

Would you mind repeating the (hopefully automated) proof for each Lenny
release candidate?

Thanks,

--Mike Bird