Re: I'm new to Debian

Hello Sarah,

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Sarah Connor wrote:
> I'm new to contributing to Debian, and given that I work with Perl on a
> regular basis I'm hoping to contribute in perl-related ways at least
> initially.

the dpkg team also has lots of perl code to maintain mainly in the
dpkg-dev package. Many parts need some refactoring/rewrites and we have
tons of bugs to deal with.

You can learn a lot on the various tools just by trying to handle some bug
reports. We're on #debian-dpkg on IRC and debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org on
mail.

You can also check the wiki page http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg it
contains links to the relevant BTS entries. Feel free to join and ask
questions.

(We definitely need more help than the pkg-perl team who has very good
track record already ;-))

Raphaël Hertzog