Commit access to the new git ? Uploader status ?

Would it be OK for me to have full maintainer access to dpkg ?  Ie,
access to the primary vcs repository and permission to upload ?

The proximate reason is that there are a number of patches that I've
submitted in bug reports with my Ubuntu hat on which haven't yet been
applied, and it would be Ubuntu's merges easier if the diff was
smaller.

Of course with my Debian hat on it would be nice for me to be able to
commit minor changes as and when it seems appropriate.

I will of course be careful about controversial changes.  For example,
I'll refrain from committing my formatting fixup from #375711 until
we've come to a conclusion.  I hope you can trust my judgement about
what would be a controversial change.

Thanks,
Ian.