Re: debiandoc-sgml and UTF-8,... how to get it instaled to gluck

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 02:51:41PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I think it is quite usable with the testing version 1.2.9.
> > The 1.2.9 should work in stable since no special feature is used.
> >
> > I have uploaded debian-reference (non-English) using it in UTF-8.  (The
> > English version is now build from XML which is originally in
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReference/).
> >
> > In order for me to commit my local git repo contents to DDP Subverson
> > repo at aloioth, I need the DDP build machine to have few things:
> >
> >  * Install debiandoc-sgml from testing by "dpkg -i ...".
> >  * Make en_US.UTF-8 available. (Probably, you have.)
> >  * XML capability (I guess you already have...)
> >
> > How can I do it?  How to request such work to rt.debian.org?
>
> Just mail admin@rt.debian.org with "Debian RT" somewhere in the subject.
> See http://wiki.debian.org/rt.debian.org and
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA/RTUsage in particular.

Thanks that helps.

> But you'll have to upload the required packages in backports.org as DSA
> doesn't like to fetch packages from lenny directly, see for example:
> https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=493
> https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=545

I just uploaded to bpo.  I hope this is good enough.

> We still have quite a few documents that do not build on etch due
> to too old versions of the packages IIRC.

I think current mode of web document update is broken system by design.

We make document package based on sid.
We make document web presentation based on stable+bpo.

What we need is chrooted sid system which build documentation. (Just
like autobuilder for porting)  Document build process can run under user
account in chroot which is safer.  Then locally rsync to web server
(stable) system for general access.

Osamu