Re: working on Debian FAQ for shipping with lenny: new package "debian-faq" (was: Re: doc-debian [...] ready for upload? [...])

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 03:40:17PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> I believe the translations which have seen some work recently should get
> installed by the debian-faq package; I'll fix that.  A call for
> translation updates would be useful too, btw.

Joost, many thanks for working on the FAQ!

I would volunteer for two things or could maybe give some hints
if you like to do this:

1. How about changing the translation to a translation tool on
the way? I suggest po4a, but others could be used as well. With
such a tool you always know which translations are up to date
and translators do not have to read diffs.

2. How about changing from debiandoc to DocBook XML (which has
special "qanda" elements for FAQs, tables and other nice stuff)?

Cheers!