Re: working on Debian FAQ for shipping with lenny: new package "debian-faq" (was: Re: doc-debian [...] ready for upload? [...])

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 03:40:17PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI:
>
> I've done some work on the Debian GNU/Linux FAQ, it's almost ready for
> shipping with etch imho.

Yes, thank you a lot for your work.

> > Better yet to have it in the CVS DDP.
>
> I've just started working on this.

Great.

> Invoking svn-buildpackage in svn/svn.debian.org/ddp/manuals/faq/
> currently compiles something.  I've split off all non-faq stuff.  The
> idea is the new package will be called "debian-faq".  The "doc-debian"
> package will contain just

The doc-debian package should Recommends: (Depend?) on debian-faq then

> Javier: do you agree this can be a good idea?

Yes, that would be ok.

> I believe the translations which have seen some work recently should get
> installed by the debian-faq package; I'll fix that.  A call for
> translation updates would be useful too, btw.

It would be better if debian-faq-XX packages where available (with -XX being
the language code) so as to not increase the size of the package if many
translations are available.

I do agree that a call for translators would be nice.

Thanks again,

Javier