Re: Alternative plan for DDP

> > The point is not considering alioth cvs more trustable than needed.
> > That's also my concern about having scripts cvs mantained on alioth,
> > of course.
>
> If you read scripts used to make nice PDF for Chinese, Polish, ... in
> Debian Reference, you see that this was done by non-DD.  I can judge
> this will not do nasty thing but building these script was beyond my
> ability and I relyed on Jens (a non-DD) to do this.  The only way to
> effectively communicate with him was through CVS.  So I insist to have
> all contents in Alioth.  Otherwise building these in many language is
> impossible.  debiandocsgml2* script is not perfect yet.

Ok, but as Javi also said, having 2 CVSes for the same thing (scripts)
is evil. So we would have all stuff on Alioth and move scripts
(after auditing by DDs eyes) to gluck when needed.

Proposal:

A nice script could be written to checksum scripts and create a signable
list of trustable scripts on alioth. Then, another script on gluck
could import only  files in that list after proper checking.
One of the PMs could so sign the list when all its files
had been checked.
This could ensure that only coherent and trustable scripts are used
on gluck, and could avoid error-prone human-based copies.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine