Re: Who has full CVS copies of debian-doc available?

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:37:32PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:22:14PM +0100, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > In order to verify the integrity of the CVS archive, and restore the
> > documentation CVS (and the generation of all the manuals into the website)
> > [1], it would be necessary to check the CVS _history_ (not just the last
> > version) of all the files available in the CVS [2]
> >
> > [2] If not we will need to import just the latest branch after checking
> > it's integrity with offsite copies (which are more readily available) thus
> > losing all the www CVS history.
>
> Not really. We can still just check that the current version is all right,
> and then gradually proofread the history. Besides, it's doubtful that an
> intruder put something in an unused branch of CVS history in debian-doc that
> wouldn't be detected quickly (gobs of warez would sorta tend to stand out
> among small and not numeorous pieces of documentation).

I agree.  But I do not think we even have CVS access through SSH with
SSH2 key as DD.  (I have access to people.d.o and checked it already for
my part.

Our plan should be (considering long term issues too.)

1. move CVS to alitoh. (I do not see special reason to keep DDP not as a
part of  alitoh.  Besides, this allow me to ask moving my sourceforge
upsteam to DDP.)
2. Josip and few other active DDs become admin accounts in alitoh.
3. Some DD (Josip or aph) runs CRON to build updated web page when
   changed (in chroot/uml, if needed)
4. These generated web pages get mirrored.

No rush.  But I was expecting our CVS access to start again sometime
Q1/2004.

Josip, thanks in advance :-)