Re: Who has full CVS copies of debian-doc available?

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:22:14PM +0100, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> In order to verify the integrity of the CVS archive, and restore the
> documentation CVS (and the generation of all the manuals into the website)
> [1], it would be necessary to check the CVS _history_ (not just the last
> version) of all the files available in the CVS [2]
>
> [2] If not we will need to import just the latest branch after checking
> it's integrity with offsite copies (which are more readily available) thus
> losing all the www CVS history.

Not really. We can still just check that the current version is all right,
and then gradually proofread the history. Besides, it's doubtful that an
intruder put something in an unused branch of CVS history in debian-doc that
wouldn't be detected quickly (gobs of warez would sorta tend to stand out
among small and not numeorous pieces of documentation).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.