Re: cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/faq by osamu

Hi Denis and Josip,

Since I got strong rejection from Denis, I will revert this change.  I
may have stepped over what Josip allowed me to do.  Makefile was
important but this change is not essential for me.

But please read below and check what is the background of this.
I still think this part was not right.

Thanks.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 09:17:23AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 11:41:42PM -0700, Debian Doc Project CVS Master wrote:
> > Repository: ddp/manuals.sgml/faq
> > who:        osamu
> > This eliminate overflow line in PDF file output.
> > Now space padded around "/":  some / thing / like / this
> > (Sorry if this is not "Good" English practice.)
> There is another fix: do not produce PDF output if our tools are unable to do
> it properly.  I really dislike this change, and hope you won't propagate it to
> other documents as well.

I think over 50 page long documents deserve printable format.  HTML is
not the one.  If you are offended by the use of PDF, I can do Unix
friendly PS too.  I am doing this step-by-step.  New Makefile uses
variants of recursive method (*1) used in the boot-floppies. No broken
PDF created at this moment.  PDF created are nice.  So this change was
purely for the aesthetics of printout.  Part of the reason for change
was I thought this long connected word is not a good practice. (*2)

Also please understand that I changed Makefile only after getting
approval from their respective maintainers: Josip and Tomohiro.  I am
not touching others files.

For the record: Following words were spelled without spaces in the title.

Depends/Recommends/Suggests/Conflicts/Replaces/Provides
Required/Important/Standard/Optional/Extra

I can assure you that, despite these words overrun right margin in potato
environment, PDF is created in the acceptable quality.

Regards,
Osamu

(*1) Simple use of debiandoc2latexpdf are known to be buggy in potato.
(*2) It may have been better adding a space only after each slash.