Re: Fwd: Re: Progeny Debian Manual Project

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 08:15:49PM -0800, Bruce Byfield wrote:
> Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> >Should not we post GIF-free html as a part of web page on DDP site?
> >I already made them ready for CVS commit.  (images moved to a sparate
> >directory.)  This is not 100% debian system but contents are interesting
> >for general public.
>
> Definitely. That's one of the first items on my ToDo List.

No more.  It is done.

> I have the original PNGs, so it's really only a question of remapping
> everything. The HTML port was a very quick and dirty one, and, for some
> reason, created GIFs to replace the PNGs. Getting the files out there to
> work on seemed the first priority.

If you can update them with new graphics, that will be nice.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/progeny-debian-manual/

Anyone who obtain DDP CVS access can update contents.  See

  http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp

Also, even though some people was repulsive about debiandoc-sgml, and
theoretically docbook is right way to do it.  It's implimentation will
be some work.  Since debiandoc-sgml is so simple and easy, I could not
resist converting this manual.  DONE.  (Fine tuning is needed but it
works)

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/qref/
  see under users-guide
  anonymous CVS is available on this server :)
  If I commit this to DDP I will reorganize directory structure to
  accomodate easy translation.

I know it is not the nicest formatted document but usable.
w3m is used.

This sgml builds OK. :)

Osamu