Re: Bits from the Release Team (Jessie freeze info)

On 2013-10-13 17:01, Niels Thykier wrote:

> Freeze date and Freeze Policy for Jessie
>
> We are happy to announce that we will freeze Jessie at 23:59 UTC on
> the 5th of November 2014.
>
> To avoid any confusion around exactly how we will freeze, we have
> prepared a draft of the Jessie Freeze Policy in advance
> [FREEZE_POLICY].
>
> [...]
>
> As noted we are dealing with a draft, so there may be changes to the
> actual freeze policy.  Should we change the policy in a substantial
> way, this will be included in subsequent "bits".
>
> [...]
>
> Niels, on behalf of the Debian Release Team.
>
> [FREEZE_POLICY]
> http://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html
>
> [...]

Hi,

I have gotten several (private) follow-ups asking whether 2014 is a typo
or not.  Obviously, it did not help that there was a typo in the freeze
policy listing 2013 in some places (they should now all say 2014).  So
to clarify:

"""
  We will freeze the 5th November 2014, which is about thirteen months
  from now (i.e. next year).
"""

~Niels