Re: Grub 2.00 in testing?

On Sun, 2013-07-21 at 20:42 -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
> Does anybody know what is going on with grub in testing?  I have been
> waiting for 2.00, but it seems to be stuck at 1.99.  Grub-common at
> http://packages.debian.org/jessie/grub-common shows that it is at
> 1.99-27+deb7u1, but the source files show 2.00-14.  The qa page at
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/grub2.html shows that 2.00-14 was
> migrated to testing on 2013-06-14, so there appear to be some
> inconsistancies.

The migration notification is in error; it's a bug in the script that
generates the notifications, that doesn't ignore extra entries included
in the Sources files added by the archive management software in order
to help with some license compliance. Now that we're aware of it, that
bug will be fixed.

As you mention checking the Sources files, I suspect you've made the
same (reasonable) mistake that the script is currently making - if the
stanza has "Extra-Source-Only: yes" then it is only there for compliance
and does not indicate that the package is in testing.

Apologies for the confusion; grub2 2.00 has indeed not yet made it to
testing.

Regards,

Adam