Re: download of source packages alarmed clamav

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Given that the whole point of those files is to test clamav, I would hope
> that they would trigger clamav's detection.  If not, that would be a bug
> in clamav, no?

However, the point of the pymilter source package is not to test clamav,
it's to distribute the source to pymilter. Falsely triggering virus scanners
does not help it achieve this aim.

So, the tarball could be fixed to rot-13 the virus files stored in it,
and re-rotate them when the test suite is run. (If virus scanners
perhaps try rot-13, then instead encrypt the viruses with a key included
in the source package, but that's probably overkill.)

--
see shy jo