Re: http.debian.net / cdn.debian.net (Was: Feedback on Debian 7.0)

On Wed, June 5, 2013 09:12, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 02/06/13 at 16:18 +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
>> Le dimanche, 2 juin 2013 15.54:31, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
>> > Marcin Kulisz <debian@kulisz.net> (02/06/2013):
>> >
>> > Surely the .net part of it?
>>
>> If that's the reason, why do we have cdn.debian.net in the list of
>> mirrors used in d-i? I'm not against either but would prefer to see the
>> same standards apply to both solutions.
>
> Or, we could investigate whether one or the other could be made
> official?

This could be excellent, because it could be used as the "sane default"
where we now ask people questions or require additional configuration.

We could make the mirror selection question in d-i priority low; remove or
simplify this page http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/coreutils/download
and replace ftp.de.debian.org (?) on this page
http://packages.debian.org/sid/coreutils; add it as a better default than
ftp.debian.org in debootstrap and ftp.jp.debian.org in pbuilder; and
probably many more.

Thijs