Re: multi-tarball packages in version control

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 09:57:16 +0100
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> The only problem is that svn-buildpackage does not support this. Or
> rather: it should have, but a long standing bug (with a partial fix
> attached to it, to which the maintainer did not comment.

Jan Hauke Rahm did comment on #585658, if that's the bug you are
experiencing.

> But since
> uploaded one or two versions).

Jan did most of the work for the first of those two versions which
closed multiple bugs. As Jan said, a new upload for a single bug which
only had a partial fix did not seem to be as important as the other
changes.

I did the second upload with the sole requirement of fixing RC bugs
with minimal changes as this was at the start of the freeze.
multi-tarball support is not release-critical, so there was no room for
any work on that issue.

It is not possible for every upload to fix every outstanding bug.

> So, what do you do with multi-tarball packages? I keep a patched
> svn-buildpackage, for now.

Is your patch an improvement on the partial fix or are there still
issues? Have you tested your patch with single-tarball packages and
other setups or only with your own? I can look at a new upload to
experimental but changes in unstable will need to wait until after
Wheezy is released.

Please feed back to the existing bug report.

--

Neil Williams