Re: Go (golang) packaging, part 2

]] Michael Stapelberg

> I am not familiar with the Ruby situation, I only know that many Ruby
> developers seem to be very angry at Debian people. Is there a summary of
> the events that I could read?

Debian's rubygems package installed gems to a directory not in $PATH,
meaning most documentation from upstreams on how to use the gems didn't
actually work.  This has since been fixed and newer rubygems install
gems to /usr/local.

[...]

> Sysadmins are not developers and therefore don’t need to learn any new
> commands.

If you believe this is true, you should read up on the whole idea of
devops.

--
Tollef Fog Heen