Re: No native packages?

Gergely Nagy <algernon <at> balabit.hu> writes:

> There's also the case where upstream and debian maintainer are the same
> *now*, but that can change anytime. Case in point: there's a package[1]

That’s actually (one of) the reasons why I’m not using native packages
for the software I’m upstream of, or working closely with upstream. And
I know of lots of DDs who do the same. (And I’ve non-native-ised a number
of packages, too.)

It should probably not be a requirement but more than a suggestion.

And it *did* turn out that some software written and packaged for Debian
was, in the end, used on other systems… I was surprised.

bye,
//mirabilos