Re: Really, ...

Hi Russ

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 04:04:52PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Please, let's *stop talking about this*, apart from the much more
> specific, straightforward, and *useful* discussion of what further work is
> required to enable those who wish to do so to run systemd as their init
> process in Debian.

First thanks for your post.

While I really enjoy reading debian-devel I'm really kinda irritated by
the way in which people seem to drive this to an epic war in the form of
StarWars/LOTR/WOW... (you name it). From all the mails I've read most of
the people writing already have their clear positions but as Russ said
Wheezy is not released and this discussion won't help to speed the
release up. Maybe it would make more sense to currenlty put this matter
aside and try to work on Wheezy and afterwards do some testing on the
init systems we have at hand in order to look at their strength and
weaknesses and finally compare them on a measurable basis? Would this be
an acceptable solution?

Kind regards
Harald