Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 03:40:47AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> We can ignore what happens to other downstreams of udev,
> however I don't think that's a good idea to do so.

Why bother other downstreams if they don't complain? I find it rather
intrusive to post on the lists of other downstreams, trying to
convince them that a particular choice of upstream was bad.

I think the proper way should be to wait until the topic actually
comes up itself among the other downstreams.

As I said before, even the best upstream cannot always cover every
single use case and you can turn it any way you want, Gentoo is
definitely a very special and uncommon use case, so I can somehow
understand that upstream cannot cover that. But again, you're free to
fork the code and do whatever you want. You shouldn't just run around
everywhere and try to convince the other downstreams that your
particular use case is the one that has to be honored.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz