Re: the right bug severity in case of mbox formats

On 2012-11-29 01:49:55 +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 22:06 +0000, Darren Salt wrote:
> > It would make sense to have that enabled by default, and to ensure
> > that all software in Debian which produces MIME quoted-printable
> > does this, or at least can do this.
> I agree... but let me add a few notes:
>
> 1) Most programs I know of (at least Evolution, haven't checked mutt
> yet) that do this =46rom encoding do it completely wrong... why?
>
> Just quoting (regexp) "^From (.*)$" lines to "=46rom \1" is obviously
> not enough.
> One also needs to quote "^>(>*)From (.*)$" lines to "=3E\1From \2"...
> otherwise clients could again wrongfully unquote such lines...

MUA's should not attempt to remove these quotes *unless* they know
there are using mboxrd. So, I don't see any problem with the current
behavior.

Note: the F encoding may be necessary because mboxo generation
corrupts the mail body (and it is done by the sender just in
case the recipient uses mboxo, in order to avoid a corruption
at this side). But there is no corruption with mboxrd.