Re: Really, about udev, not init systems

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:
> ]] Bjørn Mork
>
>>   "The default 'configure' install locations have changed. Packages for
>>    systems with the historic / vs. /usr split need to be adapted,
>>    otherwise udev will be installed in /usr and not work
>>    properly. Example configuration options to install things the
>>    traditional way are in INSTALL."
>>
>> Just stating the facts.  I see no reason to discuss these issues any
>> further.

OK.  Reality check came back with:  Nothing of this really matter to me
at all.  I am sure a working udev branch will continue to exist, one way
or the other.

I started feeling a bit nervous back when Mauro desperately tried to
make the linux media drivers conform with the new udev firmware loading
restrictions.  But I managed to stay calm, and it all turned out quite
well.  One of the nice effects of open source is that there are absolute
limits to crazyness.  People are free to do whatever crazy stuff they
want.  Someone else will step forward and fork it back to sanity if
necessary.  This system works very well.

Bjørn