Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On 11/28/2012 07:17 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>> However, it's the opinion of the systemd
>>> primary upstream authors that having /usr on a separate fs is a bad idea
>>> since there are tools that (primarily) some udev rules use, which live
>>> on /usr.
>> Yeah, we all so his marvelous examples of software that
>> would break. His first example is pulseaudio, which is one
>> of the software he authors. Brilliant way of thinking, if you
>> ask me. Like: one of my software is broken, therefor, I will
>> do more breakage...
> Please do not just cut out the information which is relevant to get your point across.

Coming from you that's kind of nice to read this... :)

> Picking only Pulse-Audio out of the many things he mentioned - most of them not written by him - to prove that he takes also the full blame for that situation is also a form of lying.
>
> If did a proper and fair argumentation, you'd have to admit that he is right and it's not just about the things he wrote.

It is truth that there's a general movement inside RedHat to fuck-up
everything. You are right, I should have mention that more clearly :
it's not only about Lennart and systemd guys, and I should take the
blame for not highlighting that it's a more widespread non-sense!

However, picking PulseAudio as an example of broken software by
its author was a quite funny read, don't you think?

Thomas