Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On 11/28/2012 02:38 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> There is nothing in systemd's or udev's architecture that requires
> having /usr mounted early.

That's not truth anymore, since AFAIK rules of udev moved to /usr.

> However, it's the opinion of the systemd
> primary upstream authors that having /usr on a separate fs is a bad idea
> since there are tools that (primarily) some udev rules use, which live
> on /usr.
Yeah, we all so his marvelous examples of software that
would break. His first example is pulseaudio, which is one
of the software he authors. Brilliant way of thinking, if you
ask me. Like: one of my software is broken, therefor, I will
do more breakage...

Thomas