Re: "Do not CC me"

* Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org>, 2012-11-26, 00:19:
If your e-mail processing machinery cannot handle duplicate messages (due to cross-postings and CC's), maybe you should get an a better email processing machinery. Receiving duplicate emails is inevitable, and trivial to deal with.

Oh really? I've always wondered how is this supposed to work.

Let's imagine I received a mail, read it, decided it's not important, and deleted it. 5 minutes later another mail with different contents and headers but the same message-id is received. How do you deal with such situation "trivially"? Do you have some kind of AI to decide whether this is the "same" message or not?

--
Jakub Wilk