Re: "Do not CC me"

Hello there,

On 25 November 2012 20:35, Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 07:27:31 LHST, Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I see many note in this list like:
>> "I'm registered to the list. So please *do not* Cc: me."
>>
>> So I'd like to note:
>>
>> 1. Some e-mail cleints make it hard not to CC. For example GMail has only
>> two options: reply and reply to all. "Reply" will send email to the
>> author, not to the list
>
> then people using those mail clients will need to take extra care to remove CCs, just as i had to in replying now.

If your e-mail processing machinery cannot handle duplicate messages
(due to cross-postings and CC's), maybe you should get an a better
email processing machinery. Receiving duplicate emails is inevitable,
and trivial to deal with.

I have had many times "I didn't see your email, because it was
filtered to mailing-lists instead of my higher priority mailbox,
please CC me on important stuff". This is also especially true for
people who read mailing lists via rss/nntp and not directly through
their email.

Also, since debian-devel is an open-post mailing list, there is no
guarantee the posters are subscribed (although it's easy to spot the
usual suspects).

You may wish to CC me anytime you reply to my postings on debian
mailinglists. I really don't mind.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.