Re: the right bug severity in case of data corruption

* Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@scientia.net> [121124 17:42]:
> I've recently reported several bugs against MUAs and mail tools, that
> employ the mboxo (note the trailing "o") format to either store or
> import mails.

> So,... bringing this up here at d-d, as I think it would be good for
> Debian to have a well thought position in how to handle this family of
> corruption bugs...

I'd say if you complain about a tool not documenting what mbox format
it is using, that is a minor bug.

If you want an option to also support another mbox format but mboxo,
then I'd vote for wishlist severity.

Ambiquity about lines starting with from in mboxo format is the same
like storing the value 0007 in an integer and getting 7 back when
asking for the value. Or like storing a filename in a FAT filesystem
and getting it back when asking for a file with the name converted
to upper case.

        Bernhard R. Link