Re: Gentoo guys starting a fork of udev

I demand that John Paul Adrian Glaubitz may or may not have written...

[snip]
> Even the claims of the Gentoo people about the separate /usr partition
> are unjustified [4].

> [4] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken

From that page:

“There is no way to reliably bring up a modern system with an empty /usr.”

False, on the assumption that by that they mean ‘with /usr mounted after init
has been started’.

Or at least it was when I last booted the box on which this was written (last
month; and as that's running wheezy and has reasonably recent hardware, I'd
consider it ‘modern’¹).

Granted, there's a dependency on what's installed and what's required to
bring it up..

[1] Weasel words ☺

--
|  _  | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
|  X  | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/

If you think this tagline is confusing, then change one pig.