Re: debian mate

Le jeudi 22 novembre 2012 à 07:21 +0100, Michael Schmitt a écrit :
> Now I see how that works for the gnome folks! *lol* Really, if the
> general gnome attitude is "all complaints are dumb and should be
> ignored, what we do is the holly grail" then...

Please read http://theoatmeal.com/comics/making_things (especially the
last part about comments). It completely applies here.

Oh and just on the fun side, your “real user need”:

> http://picpaste.com/pics/panels.1353555116.png

So here we have 2 panels on a Xinerama setup. On each screen, you have
grossly 3 areas of applets: left, middle, right. Exactly the kind of
setup gnome-panel 3 was made for.

> And I need that to be able to make groupings of applets, to make sure
> they don't wobble around and *always* *stay* *where* *they* *are* (which
> does break when resizing screen, which is a bug and not to be answered
> by removing that feature, at least if one has the broad variety of users
> in mind).

The 3 areas of applets precisely answer that need: your applets won’t
wobble around, they will always stay where they are. You can have
several times the same applets at different positions, too.

What you are telling me is that GNOME 2.x / MATE does not answer your
user needs, while gnome-panel 3 does.

Thanks, for the entertainment, MATE :)
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette