Re: New virtual packages: lv2-plugin and lv2-host

Le 21/11/2012 17:48, Ian Jackson a écrit :
>> Although I'd agree that defining a new lv2-plugin would not be needed,
>> making LV2 plugins packages Depend/Recommend a generic lv2-host
>> package would seriously help as it allows maintainers to avoid to fill
>> up Depends: fields with long and incomplete list of all the LV2 hosts
>> available in Debian.
>
> What I'm missing is why it's useful to list lv2 hosts in the Depends
> like this.  The user will end up with one selected essentially at
> random.  Is that desirable ?

Usually, the Enhances: relationship is a better one than a Depends:/
Recommends:/Suggests: in plugin packages.

  Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87