Re: systemd

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
> > I read through some of the systemd man page and a little of the
> > original design document. I think I have a rough idea of what systemd
> > thinks it is. But I am not able to form a sound foundation from the
> > ideas systemd describes.
>
> No, you are wrong. Your rough idea of systemd is not enough for a useful
> discussion of systemd or init systems in general. Most of the questions

One thing to note is that systemd works reasonably well in Wheezy right now.
There are some bugs in some situations, but nothing that makes it difficult to
get it going for a quick test.

It would be best if everyone who wants to discuss systemd on Debian would just
install a Debian test system with systemd and try it out.  Reading man pages
is no substitute for running a system.

Also if anyone wants to criticise systemd then they could start by filing one
well researched bug report concerning it.  If systemd is that bad then it
should be easy to find a bug and file a report.  If however it's so good that
one can't easily find a bug then criticism probably doesn't make sense.