Re: RFH: How to get rid of a link to a directory

Norbert Preining, 2012-11-12 06:34+0100:
> What I would like to have is:
> * get rid of the above link, change it to a directory
> * make packages that install the documentation in /usr/share/doc/texmf
>  rebuild and install it into the new dir /usr/share/texmf/doc
>  (around 20 packages)
> * properly deal with packages that already install files below
>  /usr/share/texmf/doc (i.e., the files end up under /u/s/doc/texmf,
>  but the package manager thinks it is in /u/s/texmf/doc)
>  (4-5 packages)
>
> Can anyone give me hints how to achieve this in a proper way?

Do you think you need anything more than switching the roles of the real
directory and the symbolic link? I assume the current symbolic link is
provided by a package that gets installed before these packages, is it
not?

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo      <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu>
| `-'    Debian Developer   <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
 \_