Re: debian mate

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 04:03:33AM +0100, Michael Schmitt wrote:
> So much for the general rules... but exceptions ARE possible! And I
> just try to make a case here about how important it might be!

IF you had a set of MATE packages all ready to go and you were asking
for a freeze exception for them, then the release team would be in a
position to consider an exception. But there are no such packages.
We're arguing hypotheticals (as we often do on -devel, to my eternal
dismay). There's still a lot of work to do in order to get MATE ready
for Debian.

I'm sorry, it's simply too late for wheezy. The last thing we want to
do is delay the release at this point. Long drawn out freezes are
horrendously demoralising for everyone. It's important we get wheezy
out in a timely fashion.